Thursday, August 12, 2004

Commuting

Yesterday it was really really warm on the bus. The bus takes about 45 minutes. When the bus arrives at my busstop it's usually full and I'll have to stand up for at least 15-20 minutes. Yesterday I was really really lucky, there was one remaining seat when I got on the bus.
I was lucky enough to be sitting next to a young man that didn't smell, didn't spread his legs so mine don't have room, and that didn't sweat all over me. The AC in the bus worked really well. So what's the downside of all this? I happened to sit next to the man whose woman/girlfriend/fiancée/wife? called him on the cellphone constantly and when he answered yelled at him.
Unfortunately she yelled in such a shrill voice, and the reception was kind of bad, so I couldn't hear what she yelled about. The man in question was trying to calm her, trying to make her stop, trying to make her save some screaming for when he got home an hour later.
So when we were nearing our destination I just had to ask:
"What did you do?"
Man stares at me since I've broken Swedish Code no 1: never talk to a stranger unless you're severely intoxicated.
"Huh?"
"What did you do? You must have done something to make her scream so loud everyone can hear that you'll have a really hard time when you get home. Did you deserve it?"
Interested bus passengers listen intently. Man blushes.
"Yes." he says.
"Ok, then I will not wish you a happy day."
And I took my bags and descended the bus. Because if he felt he really deserved being yelled at for 45 minutes while being in a position where he couldn't yell back, then he'd done something really bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home